I would describe myself as an explorer of both the inner and outer world who deeply values connection. I have lived in four different countries (and look forward to more in the future) and each country has allowed me to see new ways of learning and new ways of knowing. I am a Canadian, currently living in Costa Rica.
I have also explored my inner life, the emotional and spiritual aspects of myself, to gain a better life for myself. I have had the opportunity to walk through trauma, grief, and great physical illness and find my way back; to health, to my body and to life and joy. As I have done so, I have become excited about working with and empowering others with simple, applicable tools and skills to help themselves.
I had originally trained for and received my Master of Arts Degree in Counselling. While I loved the knowledge, I had not experienced the change for myself or my clients that I had desired. It felt slow and sometimes re-traumatizing to me. Combining the knowledge from my degree with The BodyTalk System and later Trailblazing Communications, gave me results beyond what I could have imagined for myself and in practice.
I have learned to trust in the wisdom of the body, that it knows each experience we have enjoyed or suffered, how the physical, emotional, mental and spiritual are connected, and how to find a path to a place where we can live, enjoy, connect and grow. Choosing to follow the wisdom of my body seemed like a huge risk at the time, now I know it to be the wisest thing I have ever done.
- Evolve Epigenetics, 2016-17
- TrailBlazing Practitioners Certification, 2016
- BodyTalk Access Instructor 2015
- BodyTalk Fundamentals, and all advanced Classes, including Advanced Integration between 2012 and 2015
- Reiki 1, 2011, and Reiki 2 & 3, 2016
- Spiritual Direction Certification 2005
- Master of Arts, Counselling 2002
- Other classes in the BodyTalk System: MindScape, Advanced MindScape, Lymphatic Drainage and Applied A&P, Fascial Balancing, Energetics, Practitioners Reflex